How do I get access to an app that is not yet available in our country? It always takes ages before an app is offered in our region, is there a workaround? How do you get all the latest (free) apps?
This blog will provide an answer to these frequently asked questions.
Sometimes certain apps are not available in certain territories. Your iTunes account is setup in 1 country, normally the one you live in. For paid apps, it might be challenging to set it up in different countries, because you need a local bankcard or credit card. What a lot of people don’t know, is that you can easily setup an account, even without payment options. Really cool if you are interested in free apps (for now)!
How to set it up in 10 steps?
- Open iTunes and go to the App Store.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the flag (right hand corner).
- Select the country you want (e.g. USA) by clicking on the right flag.
- You are now in the right iTunes Store. If you were signed in, you will notice you automatically are logged out.
- Now search for the App you are looking for (e.g. CardMunch).
- Click on the “Free” button to download it. A popup box appears and asks for your Apple ID. Choose the “Create Apple ID” button.
- Click “Continue” and Accept the Terms & Conditions by clicking the “Agree” button.
- Provide the Apple ID details in the form.
- Provide a Payment Method, choose “None” and fill in an address. How do you find an address? I rent one using MyUS.com. Of course, you can also Google one, but that might not be the best way forward.
- Wait for the confirmation email to arrive, confirm it and download your app straightaway!
Now you can enjoy a truckload of apps from this extra iTunes Store in the country of your choice. It goes without saying that this is probably the easiest way, but limited to free apps. Start with the free ones, I might share the next steps later for paid apps.
Enjoy Every Day,